Bentonville Manor Nursing Home
224 South Main Street Bentonville, 72712
- 1 immediate jeopardy deficiency was cited by Medicare on 10/16/2013, when the facility failed to ensure CPR was continued without interruption to provide basic life support while awaiting emergency medical service assistance.
- 1 actual harm deficiency was cited by Medicare on 10/16/2013, when the facility failed to ensure physician orders for wound care were consistently implemented to promote wound healing for one resident. The resident experienced avoidable deterioration of pressure ulcers resulting in infection and hospitalization.
Minimal Harm or Potential for Actual Harm
- Deficiencies cited by Medicare on 1/15/2015, 12/19/2013/, 7/24/2013, and 11/16/2012, for failure to make sure that residents are safe from serious medication errors.
- Deficiency cited by Medicare on 1/15/2015 for failure to keep the rate of medication errors (wrong drug, wrong dose, wrong time) to less than 5%.
- Deficiency cited by Medicare on 7/24/2013 for failure to give residents proper treatment to prevent new bed sores or heal existing bed sores.
Fines / Penalties
Received fine of $60,000 on 10/16/2013 related to its deficient health care practices.
- High percent of short-stay residents who self-report moderate to severe pain (21.7%) compared to the Arkansas average (18.4%) and the national average (18.5%)
- High percentage of long-stay high-risk residents with pressure ulcers (9.1%) compared to the Arkansas average (6%) and the national average (6%).
- Local news investigation disclosed several complaints by friends and family of residents about Bentonville Manor Nursing Home.
This summary of the facility’s Nursing Home Profile from the Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare and/or the facility’s summary from the Quality Reporting System of the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services contains information as of February 11, 2015. The health inspection reports contained on the Medicare and Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services websites are designed to aid a facility in identifying and correcting its deficient practices. To determine whether the facility has corrected its deficiencies or improved its overall rating subsequent to the date listed above, please go to: http://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare and http://facilityquality.dads.state.tx.us/qrs/public/qrs.do