Regal Heights Healthcare & Rehab Center
6525 Lancaster Pike Hockessin, 19707
- 1 actual harm deficiency was cited by Medicare on November 18, 2013 when the facility failed to ensure the safety of a resident who required constant supervision while in bed and while eating. Following this failure, the resident fell out of her bed and sustained multiple injuries, including a laceration to the back of her head which required ER treatment.
- 1 actual harm deficiency was cited by Medicare on August 20, 2012 when the facility failed to ensure that the staff followed a resident’s plan of care. One resident suffered a concussion when receiving assistance after only one staff member was in the room despite the resident’s care plan demanding the presence of two staff members.
Minimal Harm or Potential for Actual Harm
- Deficiencies cited by Medicare on January 15, 2015; November 18, 2013; and December 11, 2012 for failure to store, cook, and serve food in a safe and clean way.
- Deficiency cited by Medicare on October 18, 2013 for failure to keep each resident free from physical restraints, unless needed for medical treatment.
- Deficiencies cited by Medicare on January 15, 2015; November 18, 2013; October 18, 2013; and August 20, 2012 for failure to make sure that residents are safe from serious medication errors.
- Deficiencies cited by Medicare on October 18, 2013 and August 20, 2012 for failure to make sure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and risks and provides supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
- Deficiencies cited by Medicare on November 18, 2013; October 18, 2013; and August 20, 2012 for failure to 1) hire only people with no legal history of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating residents; or 2) report and investigate any acts or reports of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment of residents.
- Deficiencies cited by Medicare on January 15, 2015; November 18, 2013; March 28, 2013; December 11, 2012; and August 20, 2012 for failure to have a program that investigates, controls, and keeps infection from spreading.
Fines / Penalties
Received a fine of $1,625 on 8/20/2012 related to its deficient health care practices. Additionally, the facility was denied payment by Medicare on 11/18/2013.
- A high percent of long-stay residents experiencing one or more falls with major injury (5.5%) compared to the Delaware average (3.2%) and the national average (3.2%).
- A high percent of long-stay residents who were physically restrained (0.9%) compared to the Delaware average (0.5%).
- The percent of long-stay residents who lose too much weight (12.9%) is over two times the Delaware average (6.7%).
This summary of the facility’s Nursing Home Profile from the Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare and/or the facility’s summary from the Quality Reporting System of the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services contains information as of February 11, 2015. The health inspection reports contained on the Medicare and Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services websites are designed to aid a facility in identifying and correcting its deficient practices. To determine whether the facility has corrected its deficiencies or improved its overall rating subsequent to the date listed above, please go to: http://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompareand http://facilityquality.dads.state.tx.us/qrs/public/qrs.do